Last year I had to work all day. And you know who was playing last year? Relient K. I had wanted to see them for about...oh...7 years? Something like that. Never had the chance. I was super excited cuz I finally had my chance...but then I found out at the last minute I had to work. When I finally got the schedule, (some people from work walked over there to go pick it up) I saw that they were gonna play at 1:50pm. My heart sank. I have to be back from lunch by 2:00pm no matter what. By some miracle I was able to go! A co-worker came with me that day, and we both melted by the time we made it over to where they were gonna play ("Main Stage Right" See! I still remember!) I remember trying to find a shady spot, (and we found one by the sound booth!) but at the same time trying to stay away from the kids who were throwing water bottles. For a brief moment I remember a cool breeze coming our way (which was odd, cuz like I said it was hotter than hell out that day). I can't even describe to you how excited I was. Even though they only played for about 45 mins. and the sound wasn't that great, I was happy that I finally got to see them. (I didn't get to go to the meet and greet later on though...I had to head back to work...)

So I'm upset because I wish Relient K would have played today. Today would have been a perfect day...but they're obviously not there today...so in way I don't really have a reason to be upset. If I could go back in time I'd change the weather.. I'd arrange it so I wouldn't have had to work, and it would have been perfect. But when I look back it was perfect...in most ways. I got to see them for FREE...on my lunch break, AND at work. =)
Well...so maybe I shouldn't complain then...maybe I shouldn't be upset...but it would have been nice to experience Warped Tour on my day off and when it isn't 20 millions degrees outside. At least those poor kids that are there today won't pass out and die! haha! Well, there's always next year!
There is one other reason why I'm upset though...Anberlin isn't there this year. I had wanted to see them in 2007, and last year I had to choose between them and Relient K. This year would have been a perfect year. Ok, I need to stop complaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment